PDA

View Full Version : QtIOCompressor fix for Mac (Debian Linux?)

qdm
23rd June 2010, 03:17
To whom it may help:

I have recently succeeded (with the help of Thiago and Dekar) in compiling the qtiocompressor module with its examples. To do that under Mac you need to add a new line containing "LIBS += -lz" to the qtiocompressor.pri file found under the src directory. To use the QtIOCompressor class you need to include this file, so passing that flag solves the linking problem for any applications/programs that use the qtiocompressor classes.

According to aep, this has something to do with gcc's automatic dependency resolution, but I don't really understand the details. The "fix" above solves the problem by repeating the link flag, which doesn't hurt anything anyway.

I also noticed that all three examples bundle with the qtiocompressor modules will not work properly under Mac, as the resulting application bundles will not find the files to open and read/write to in the right directory. Open the app bundle and copy the executable out of it, or change the project's settings to build an ordinary executable instead.

I hope this turns useful for somebody who might come across the same issue, perhaps even under Linux as well (aep mentioned something about Debian having similar, reported issues with gcc.

Good luck,
qdm