PDA

View Full Version : Weird text input problem

zeldaknight
25th June 2010, 03:16
I'm having a serious problem with Qt 4.6.2 and Qt Creator 2 beta on Linux (haven't tested Windows yet, will do that tonight)

Text input periodically seems to switch off entirely, with no cursor shown and no input possible but selection still possible (as if everything has suddenly become read-only - although it happens to SpinBoxes as well as LineEdits/TextEdits)

Has anyone had a similar problem/knows of a solution? I'm not even sure whether it's a Linux/GNOME problem or a Qt one ...

high_flyer
25th June 2010, 09:21
Do you mean that you can't type in to Qt Creator, or an application you are building with it?

zeldaknight
27th June 2010, 05:25
Both, although the application seems to be always, while Creator is sporadic - it only occasionally refuses to accept input.

It does seem to be a Linux problem however - I can't replicate the issue in Windows.

numbat
27th June 2010, 12:06
I have the same problem with Creator after I resume from suspend sometimes. Weirdly, if I go and type in another program then I can come back and type into Creator. Using Ubuntu.

zeldaknight
28th June 2010, 11:06
Interesting ... I might try that. (also using ubuntu)

for some reason, my project isn't building on the version of Qt I have on Ubuntu on my desktop, so I'll install 4.6.3/Creator 2.0.0 and see if the problem recurs. I'll also try it on KDE to see if it could be a GNOME problem ... I assume you're using standard GNOME numbat?

Vadi
10th July 2010, 19:06
Same issue here. If laptop is suspended with the focus on any input field of _any_ Qt program, when it is resumed, the cursor will be missing, and while you'll be able to select things - you won't be able to type.

Ubuntu 10.04, 64bit, and damn Qt is buggy.

wysota
10th July 2010, 22:19
Creator 2 is built against the (unstable) 4.7. The apps built with it are compiled against 4.6, so if both Creator and the target application act in the same weird way (and they didn't do that earlier) then it is likely not a bug in Qt (otherwise it'd be there with earlier versions of Qt too), more likely in some dependency of it (or something completely unrelated). I'm having freezing issues with Creator 2 beta as well (it's built against quite old revision of 4.7), different from yours though.