PDA

View Full Version : wwWidgets fails to complie

qdm
25th June 2010, 04:03
I just downloaded the wwWidgets from wysota's website: another nice set of widgets I wanted to add
to the ones already on my arsenal, including qxt and qwt (some people really do good work out
there). After issuing "qmake at the command line, however, I get the following warnings:

WARNING: Failure to find: widgets/qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: widgets/qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.h

Ignoring them and just issuing a "make" regardless of the warnings above leads
to:

cd widgets/ && /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/bin/qmake /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/solutions/wwWidgets/widgets/widgets.pro -o Makefile
cd plugin/ && /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/bin/qmake /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/solutions/wwWidgets/plugin/plugin.pro -o Makefile
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.h
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumbiface.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumbiface.h
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.h
cd widgets/ && make -f Makefile
make -f Makefile.Debug
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/bin/uic qwwloginbox/loginbox.ui -o .ui/ui_loginbox.h
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `qwwbreadcrumb/qwwbreadcrumb.cpp', needed by `.obj/qwwbreadcrumb.o'. Stop.
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
make: *** [sub-widgets-make_default-ordered] Error 2

To me, it looks like the source package lacks those two files, or the project configuration
files need some updating regarding dependencies.

Has anyone come across this issue and has some advice on how to fix it?

Thank you,
qdm

wysota
25th June 2010, 06:57
Make sure the line related to QwwBreadCrumb is commented out in widgets.pri. Then rerun qmake and make.

qdm
25th June 2010, 11:07
wysota:

I had done something similar already, but it didn't work either. I even removed any reference to
"breadcrumb" in the qwwbreadcrumb.pri file, then in the widgets.pri file, but it still doen't compile
as it should. After just removing the entry from the widgets.pri file I get the following error:

ld: framework not found wwwidgets4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libwwwidgetsplugin.dylib] Error 1
make: *** [sub-plugin-make_default-ordered] Error 2

I don't know the fine print, but it looks as though the plugin module now fails to build without breadcrumb?

Thank you for your assistance,
qdm