PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Two Question about debugging

MorrisLiang
25th June 2010, 17:31
First,if Q_ASSERT() fails,the app will exit directly.For example, getting an item from a QList with an invalid index. Is there a way to make the app stop, just like when I get a segmentation fault, So that I can find out which line of code is the cause from the statck?

Second, just as the attachments show,I can read the value of a QByteArray, QString(&etc.) in Qt Creator 1.3, but not in Qt Creator 2.0. Is it because QtCreator 2.0 currently not support it? Or I have to do something so that 2.0 acts like 1.3?

Thanks~

bkudrle
5th July 2010, 19:09
Just to note that I have the same problem. I could see QString values in Creator 1.3 debugger, Qt 4.6.1 (I believe) on Mac OSX 10.5. After upgrading to Creator 2.0 with Qt 4.6.3, I no longer can see the QString values in the debugger. It makes the debugger much less useful of course.

The only work-around that I see is to select the d variable beneath the QString (i.e, QString:: Data variable) and then use the popup menu in the Locals and Watchers area and select the "Open Memory Editor at 0xNNNN", where of course NNNN is the memory location of the variable. At least then you can see the ASCII values on the right side.

ktk
9th July 2010, 23:02
Why not report such problems to the makers of Qt Creator?