PDA

View Full Version : QWebView Crashes APP on Startup

harleyskater
29th June 2010, 01:09
I am incorporating QWebView into my app. My IDE is MSVS 2008 and QT 4.6.3

When I compile my app, it works great in the IDE debugg/release mode but when I go to execute the build files, it crashes on startup. I have all my needed dlls visible.

harleyskater
29th June 2010, 01:25
I just built a simple QT app with just a webview pointing to a webpage, its all that it does. Same result.

I put the project here http://www.mediafire.com/?njtw5dzj0ji

I am starting to think I might be in the wrong C++ IDE for QT. What is the best IDE for QT?

ComaWhite
29th June 2010, 01:36
It doesn't matter the IDE tbh. You should try updating your Qt to the latest version 4.6.3 though.

harleyskater
29th June 2010, 03:19
I actually have 4.6.3. sorry about that. and i have MSVS 2008 sp1. I still don't understand why its happening though. I took these steps to set up my project.

create project-> QT Application
project settings-> include libraries ; Core, GUI, SQL, Network, Webkit
precompiled headers not checked

switch mode to Release
open the UI file in QT Designer
Drag and drop the QWebview
ADD the URL
Build
in the Release DIR add the DLL's for: Core, GUI, SQL, Network, Webkit
execute and crash

I have been working in QT for about 3 weeks and have apps working with qt UI's, pushbuttons, stackedwidgets and all of that works and builds and executes.
behind that is code for connecting to a mysql db and checking login credentials, if good, switching pages in the stackedwidget to this webview.

I have 2 more things I want to do with this app and then I'm done and those 2 things are working inside my IDE and not from the build. Network/FTP upload file and just displaying a simple html table from a website.

harleyskater
29th June 2010, 09:17
I have been testing things to try to find out whats going on, and I am still stuck.

I did find out that if I put the QWebview object in the GUI and have the default about:blank it works, if I point it to a local file it works in the IDE but not the build outside the IDE and same thing with a simple web url, it crashes instantly

harleyskater
5th July 2010, 21:11
Boo, no answer here either :*(

Zlatomir
5th July 2010, 21:23
What's the error?

I have tried the project you upload and it doesn't crash (didn't tried it in the same conditions, i don't have VS integration, so i used Qt Creator from the latest windows open source SDK)

Cayan
6th October 2010, 15:51
It began to happen with me too...
First occurrence was after updating the Qt SDK to 4.6.3, the error follows:

QWebView *viewer = new QWebView(this); // works fine
viewer->load(QLink("www.qtcentre.org")); // crashes

I'm looking forward to a solution, if anybody have it I would appreciate it very much.