PDA

View Full Version : Can't run Qt example program

kmorgado
30th June 2010, 17:46
Iv'e been trying to get Qt apps to run in Netbeans for days now, they all work and run in the Qt Creator but not in Netbeans; I could really use some help here.

All I want to do is run the example program and even that is giving me problems :/

I followed the tutorial to the T but still cant run the program.

This is what im doing:

Create and Run 'Hello Qt World' sample

1. New Project > Samples > C/C++ > Hello Qt World
2. Specify a project name and location
3. Let the Set as Main Project check box checked
4. Press Finish button
5. Press 'Run Main Project' button on toolbar

After I hit Run Main Project everything builds fine but no window shows up, and the output window reads: RUN FAILED (exit value 139, total time: 358ms)

Is there any reason why the EXAMPLE can't run!?!? I'm really hitting my head against the desk here.

Im using Netbeans 6.8. and Ubuntu 10.04

Thanks

Heres the output window:
rm -f moc_HelloForm.cpp
rm -f ui_HelloForm.h
rm -f HelloForm.o newmain.o moc_HelloForm.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 83ms)

/usr/bin/uic-qt4 HelloForm.ui -o ui_HelloForm.h
g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -I. -o HelloForm.o HelloForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -I. -o newmain.o newmain.cpp
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -I. HelloForm.h -o moc_HelloForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -I. -o moc_HelloForm.o moc_HelloForm.cpp
g++ -o HelloQtWorld_1 HelloForm.o newmain.o moc_HelloForm.o -L/usr/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 2s)

tbscope
30th June 2010, 20:24
Is there any reason why the EXAMPLE can't run!?!? I'm really hitting my head against the desk here.

Sure, check your paths. Make sure the program can find all the necessary files and libraries.

kmorgado
30th June 2010, 20:40
Sure, check your paths. Make sure the program can find all the necessary files and libraries.

How would I go about seeing if it can see all of the file paths. I figured since the program builds that it can see everything fine. All my Qt programs also run in the Qt creator just not netbeans.