PDA

View Full Version : Error while doing ./configure to install Qt in Ubuntu

chinmayapadhi
1st July 2010, 08:57
Hi,

This problem i am facing while installing the QT 4.7 beta in Ubuntu 10.0 .

I have attached the screenshot , please sujjest how to get rid of it .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chinmaya@chinmaya-desktop:~$ cd Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/
chinmaya@chinmaya-desktop:~/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1$ ./configure
Which edition of Qt do you want to use ?

Type 'c' if you want to use the Commercial Edition.
Type 'o' if you want to use the Open Source Edition.

o

This is the Qt for Linux/X11 Open Source Edition.

You are licensed to use this software under the terms of
the Lesser GNU General Public License (LGPL) versions 2.1.
You are also licensed to use this software under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) versions 3.

Type '3' to view the GNU General Public License version 3.
Type 'L' to view the Lesser GNU General Public License version 2.1.
Type 'yes' to accept this license offer.
Type 'no' to decline this license offer.

Do you accept the terms of either license? yes

Creating qmake. Please wait...
g++ -c -o project.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/include -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/include/QtCore -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/src/corelib/global -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/src/corelib/xml -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/chinmaya/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT project.cpp
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [project.o] Error 127
chinmaya@chinmaya-desktop:~/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta1$

Thanks
Chinmaya

uKCuH
1st July 2010, 09:23
Looks like g++ packet is missed in your Ubuntu.

chinmayapadhi
1st July 2010, 09:55
Initially i thought the g++ package is missing. I installed the g++ package but still the error is there.

~Chinmaya

ferrabras
4th February 2011, 21:25
Looks like you really do not have g++. I had a problem further ahead of this point and I solved using the tip given herel (http://www.qtforum.org/article/27401/debian-xlib-test-failed-after-configure.html)

aamer4yu
5th February 2011, 08:15
You can also very well try installing the SDK instead of building it :rolleyes:

janorcutt
6th February 2011, 13:51
If you really want to build it make sure you have the 'build-essentials' package installed on ubuntu!! If it still refuses to work the latest version of the sdk is in the ubuntu repositories, or you can download it from nokia.