PDA

View Full Version : help with music player created using Qt Creator IDE 4.5

vijay_kansal
7th July 2010, 10:48
Hi

I have created a simple music player using Qt creator IDE.

As I add mp3 files to my playlist and then play them using this music player, it is unable to play anything and mediaObject->state() continously returns Phonon::LoadingState . So,I think my mp3 file is either unable to load or its size is too large for loading( its size is 5.0 MB).

Please help me with this problem

Secondly, as i tried to add an audio file of .wav format , i got the following error

(<unknown>:1998): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_make_from_uri: assertion `gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed

So, is this true that Qt does not support audio files in .wav format

I tried running the Phonon music player available at link http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/phonon-qmusicplayer.html also , but suffered from same problems with this music player as well.

Please help me with the above problems.

Thanks in advance.

Zlatomir
7th July 2010, 11:24
I build and now listen music in that example, on Ubuntu 10.4 (using the Qt 4.6.3)
What distro' version are you using? (does it have the codecs for mp3 ?)

LE: please, next time don't use the visitor messeges to ask for help ;)

vijay_kansal
7th July 2010, 11:27
i use ubuntu 9.10 and i have Qt 4.5 installed on my system

vijay_kansal
7th July 2010, 11:28
mp3 files are playing with other music players like Rhythmbox Music Player

vijay_kansal
7th July 2010, 11:39
This music player is not able to add audio files in any format like .wav, .ogg , .mp3 in my playlist
On an average how much time does an audio file take to get added to the playlist using this music player created using Phonon

Zlatomir
7th July 2010, 12:14
Conforming with this (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/phonon-overview.html#linux) you need libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10 to play audio/video with phonon, make sure that they are installed (i'm kinf of newbie to linux so can't give you much info on how to install that, sorry)

vijay_kansal
7th July 2010, 13:45
I already have these plugins installed on my system , so the problem persists

vijay_kansal
13th July 2010, 05:48
Help needed desperately
Please help!!