PDA

View Full Version : Resizing and full screening of window.

Rewo
8th July 2010, 18:37
Hi,

I wanted to block a full screen and resizing option and I think that I did it not very well.

Fundamentally, full screen button on bar is disabled, but unfortunately in Windows Vista is enabled.

About resizing:

I made a window of size: 300px x 200px. In main.cpp i put:

w.setFixedSize(300,200);

In case of this line above, the window is unable to resize, but there are 6 dots in right-bottom corner of window, and when I toggle mouse on it, they are showing the arrows of resizing (but same process of resize is unable, what I wrote before).

Is there any way to fix it cosmetically ?

Zlatomir
8th July 2010, 18:58
I don't get that behavior*, but on 7 (but shouldn't be a big difference) first check what other flags your window has, and if everything is ok with that, make a small test app (something like: one label in a widget and just the setFixed size) and if that has the same behavior, post it here.

*The maximize button appears (but it's disabled) and there are no dots and no resize arrows.

Lykurg
8th July 2010, 19:09
Try to disable the size grip of your status bar. QStatusBar::setSizeGripEnabled();

Rewo
8th July 2010, 19:10
QWidget is ok - hasn't got any dots or arrows, but in above case I use QMainWindow. Is it the cause of showing dots/arrows ?

Rewo
8th July 2010, 19:16
Try to disable the size grip of your status bar. QStatusBar::setSizeGripEnabled();

It looks like it helped. Thank You :)

Zlatomir
8th July 2010, 19:17
Sorry, my bad,
Lykurg advice should fix this

Rewo
8th July 2010, 19:18
Sorry, my bad,
Lykurg advice should fix this

It did well :)