PDA

View Full Version : Integrate Designer into own Ui

NoRulez
13th July 2010, 09:56
Hello,

did anybody know how to integrate the designer in own ui's? Maybe someone have an example of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
NoRulez

Zlatomir
13th July 2010, 10:02
Be a little more specific please

Do you mean the situation: you have a application coded (without using the designer) and want to add some ui files to it?

NoRulez
13th July 2010, 10:32
I mean that the customer can build there own Ui's and save the xml fil into a database.

Zlatomir
13th July 2010, 11:01
Then give them the Designer.exe, or the Designer source code it's open, add it to your application (i don't think you will find examples because this is not a very "common" operation)

NoRulez
13th July 2010, 14:00
This is because I want to integrate the designer in our own design tool, not only for UI's

squidge
13th July 2010, 21:26
Well, you have the source code to Designer.exe, integrate away :)

Just remember that the resulting application must be open-source.

wysota
13th July 2010, 22:00
Just remember that the resulting application must be open-source.

Naah... it doesn't have to be. Qt is dual licence, remember? :)

squidge
14th July 2010, 10:58
Sorry, Open source unless you buy commercial license.

NoRulez
14th July 2010, 14:35
I mean the QtDesigner Module, I didn't find any examples for using QDesignerFormEditorInterface for example

wysota
14th July 2010, 14:48
Because it's a niche and complicated subject and it's not possible to have a 20-line example of using the component for your own project. Usually you access it from within Designer plugins. I don't know how your design process looks like but unless you are designing Qt forms, there won't be much benefit from QDesignerFormEditorInterface. And if you are after designing Qt forms then it might be easier to deploy Designer (optionally with a custom plugin extending it to fit your needs better) to the client and using UiTools to load the interface into your main app after it's designed.