PDA

View Full Version : Problem understanding Custom Widget creation

baluk
16th July 2010, 10:22
Hi,

I am newbie to QT Creator. Currently i am trying to accomplish a small application, in which a custom widget is needed. So, i then started looking into tutorials making custom widgets. Now what i don't understand is when i open the newproject with Custom Widget option i don't see any .Ui file where i can make my widget using various designer widgets.

I have seen the Qt Custom widget example projects in which I see all the files like .h, .cpp, .pro except .Ui. Please guide me in this. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Baluk

franz
18th July 2010, 07:39
In that example the widget is created in the code -- i.e. the code necessary is not automagically generated by Creator.

baluk
18th July 2010, 10:05
Thank you for the reply. Yes, i understood that the widget is written in code. But, how can I make the custom widget by drag and droping widgets from Qt desginer because i don't see a .Ui file if I open a custom widget project in Qt creator.

Thank you,

Baluk

ahmdsd_ostora
18th July 2010, 13:53
just in your project add a new Qt Designer Form and choose the widget template, this will make a .ui file that you can edit with the designer by drag-drop widgets