PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Can Creator remember what files I have open, and what codeblocks I have collapsed?

N3wb
16th July 2010, 21:53
When I start Qt Creator and open a project, none of the files I had open in my previous session are still open, and when I open these files, all of the code blocks are expanded. This is really annoying and time consuming. Every time I need to exit Creator and then get back into it I have to spend time reopening all the files and closing dozens of functions, etc.. Is there any way to make Qt Creator "remember" what files I had open and what code blocks I had collapsed?

This is wasting enough time that I may need to use another IDE, despite how much I love the autocomplete and documentation built-in to Creator.

ktk
21st July 2010, 22:52
Open files are remembered in "Sessions".

N3wb
22nd July 2010, 03:40
Thanks!

I actually discovered that for the first time a few days ago, but have not yet found a way to keep code blocks closed. Do you know of any way to do that? When I have thousands of lines of code I like to close functions I'm not working on so that it's easy to scroll through the file, but Creator just opens the files (even using sessions) with all of the blocks of code expanded :(