PDA

View Full Version : Cant build Qt project

ChrisBuchholz
17th July 2010, 23:33
Hey,

I'm all new to Qt - I actually just installed it and tried to build my first project. I'm reading this (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/widgets-tutorial.html) tutorial, but not very far, have I gotten. I created my first project, pressed build, and got the error:

Could not find make command: make in the build environment
Error while building project Test (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

I have googled for an explanation, and tried if I could find something in the settings that was not set, but no. So I hope you guys can help!

And then I just wanna say hi, and I hope to talk a lot to you all in the future, in my quest for building Mac OS X apps without Objective-C.

I just maybe also say, that I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.4.

Sincerely,
ChrisBuchholz

Lykurg
18th July 2010, 07:32
Have you installed XCode? And make sure QtCreator can find your make command (see the project tab for defining the correct path).

ChrisBuchholz
18th July 2010, 16:47
I have xcode installed. The path to make is empty. How do i find it, so i can insert it?

Lykurg
18th July 2010, 16:54
Your make is normally located at /usr/bin/

ChrisBuchholz
18th July 2010, 19:52
I tried to set it as /usr/bin, but still no luck. Same error as before:P

ChrisBuchholz
19th July 2010, 18:47
I have also tried inputting /usr/bin/qmake-4.6 in the Preferences -> Projects -> CMake -> Executables, no luck either. What am I supposed to input?

ChrisBuchholz
20th July 2010, 12:43
*Bring Up This Post*

ChrisBuchholz
20th July 2010, 23:05
It seems that different things on my system was corrubted and by uninstalling Qt and XCode and removing all Developer tools and then reinstalling, solved the problem.
Thanks.