PDA

View Full Version : including qjpeg4.dll to view images

aash_89
26th July 2010, 04:15
hello,
i just built an application, used the release option, and added the necessary dll files to run it on other systems.

all works fine, except when it comes to displaying .jpeg files on the application.

i found that, i need to make a dir imageformats and the include the qjpeg4.dll in this folder.

even then, no jpeg images are being displayed.

where am i going wrong?

thankx
Aashish

aash_89
26th July 2010, 04:16
The jpeg images are being displayed when i run it on my system where Qt is installed, but when i run it on other systems , it is not being displayed

saa7_go
26th July 2010, 05:16
Maybe, there are missing dependencies. You can check qjpeg4.dll dependencies using Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) if you want.

aamer4yu
26th July 2010, 05:44
i found that, i need to make a dir imageformats and the include the qjpeg4.dll in this folder.
Where did you make that imageformats folder ?

You can find it in Qt dirs, and you simply need to copy in the same directory as your app.
C:/yourProject/project.exe
C:/yourProject/imageformats/

aash_89
26th July 2010, 06:16
I have used dependency walker, and it shows nothing missing.

Yes thats what i did, copied the dll file from Qt directories and pasted it in my project release folder under imageformats.

still does not work.

saa7_go
26th July 2010, 06:36
if you put all image plugin dlls (the release version) in imageformats directory, does it work?

aamer4yu
26th July 2010, 06:43
Can u tell the directory path of how you placed ?

also do you have the necessary qjpeg4.dll ?? May be you dont have release version of the jpeg and only debug one..qjpegd4.dll :rolleyes:

aash_89
26th July 2010, 07:21
hey,
Yes i just checked ahain, i do have qjpeg4.dll

in my release folder, i have the .exe file, object file and other dlls like qtcore4.dll, in this folder i created another folder called imageformats and placed qjpeg4.dll in it.

aash_89
26th July 2010, 07:52
My mistake!
I was include the qjpeg4.dll from the bin directory rather than qt/plugins directory!