PDA

View Full Version : Doubts about QT Architechture

sudheer168
27th July 2010, 17:10
Hi every body ,
I am working with QT from last 2 years but I have many Question unanswered
1. what is the architecture of Qt means what are the layers of Qt ?
2. Architecture of the Qt communicate with system (hardware/OS).
3. How Qt application works on system means how the application communicate with system (hardware/OS).
4.How can I know the complete architecture of QT.

How to explain about the architecture of Qt, if one asks?
So Please help.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,
Sudheer.

Zlatomir
27th July 2010, 20:43
I really can't figure this, what do you call "architecture"? Be a little more specific (the whole architecture of Qt will be hard (if not impossible) to explain in a forum topic, not to mention that Qt is build with modules, so one person that knows everything might not even exist ;) )

And one of many advantages of Qt is that is open source, so if you want to see how a particular piece/class/etc of Qt "communicates" with the OS you can look in the source code and see...

And, an "attempt" of an short answer answer:
Qt "architecture":
●Built on low level APIs of platform
●uses native styles to draw UI (Widgets emulate exact look & feel)
●Cross-platform (Single source for multiple platforms, only requires recompilation)

sudheer168
28th July 2010, 06:51
Hi thanks for your quick reply ,
I got your point it is not easy to know about all the modules architecture.Here I basically want to know how the basic QT application communicates over system(Hardware/OS) and the layer based explanation for an basic Qt application .
Please suggest me either the where can i get all these information.

Regards,
Sudheer.

squidge
28th July 2010, 07:52
You should consider Qt as a library. Applications may call Qt methods or OS calls directly.

ChrisW67
28th July 2010, 08:04
I basically want to know how the basic QT application communicates over system(Hardware/OS) and the layer based explanation for an basic Qt application
The meaning of "layer based explanation" is a mystery. Your application communicates however you program it to (or not to) communicate: network sockets, shared memory, files... Where Qt libraries are used as an intermediary they are designed to hide platform dependent methods of doing all of the above.

Please suggest me either the where can i get all these information.
The Qt documentation and, if necessary, the Qt code. Both are freely available.

Afterthought: If by "layer based explanation" you mean "inheritance hierarchy" then that is in the documentation.

aamer4yu
28th July 2010, 08:53
Do you mean this - Qt Architecture Diagram (http://qt.nokia.com/images/template/product-architecture-diagram-collapsed/image_view_fullscreen)