PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Web page snapshot and session management

GoGetIt
11th August 2010, 10:36
Hi,

I am bit new to QT and don’t have full idea of its capabilities. I request you to help me in understanding the same.

I am in the process of writing an application which will use a web renderer engine (a dll) and a session manager to manage session/connection (a dll) with the server.

I would like my renderer engine to give a bmp file of the content it gets from the server (HTML/flash) to the application. After doing lot of google search, I came to know that it is possible by using QTWebkit (though not clear of the ‘How’ part).

What I would like to know is,
1) Does QTWebkit support flash? I mean if the content from the server contains the flash data, would it be possible to take the snapshot of that and give the bmp file using QTWebkit?

2) If I render the output of the renderer engine to a window created by my application, will the mouse and keyboard events (happening on the window) be handled by the QTWebkit? Or do we need to do anything here for the same?

3) Also how would be the performance if QTWebkit is used compared to using IE core?

4) Do we have any support for session manager mentioned above? After searching in google, I came across the QtSoapMessage and QtSoapHttpTransport. Are these sufficient or do we have more useful component to achieve the same?

Please do the needful. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
GoGetIt