PDA

View Full Version : "Qt4 for absolute beginners tutorial" to your attention

sector
15th August 2006, 13:10
Hello,

few weeks ago I started to write "Qt4 for absolute beginners tutorial". So I bring it to your attention.

http://sector.ynet.sk/qt-tutorial/

Your comments/feedback/bug typo inaccuracy reports are welcome. If you are interested to write some chapter tell me, I'll be happy (something about Qt paint system, model-view,..).

I have no problem to put it on qtcentre wiki if desired but wiki unfortunately does not highlight syntax (forum does, some wiki hack probably needed..).

Regards.

wysota
18th August 2006, 13:41
IMO you should decide whether your tutorial is only about Windows+MinGW or about Qt at all. Because at the beginning you say that anyone can use it and then you write everything assuming the user has Windows and MinGW as the compiler. If you want your tutorial to be for absolute beginners, you shouldn't assume they'll know how to "convert" your tutorial to fit their needs (for example a different path, a different compiler, etc.). Either cover all possibilities, focus on one combination or use such solutions, which fit all environments (for example don't write "use make", because with msvc you need to run "nmake" and not "make").