PDA

View Full Version : Flash Player 10.1 QTWebkit Text Entry Problem Mac

joeyjojo
18th August 2010, 08:31
Hi,

I actually use PyQT but I can replicate the issue using QT, so thought it best to post here.

Basically when I navigate to a flash website where I have to input text using QWebView it doubles all my key presses, so if I type "Sam" on my keyboard, "SSaamm" is displayed on screen.

This only happens in flash 10.1, it does not happen when I use the flash 10.0 or lower plugin (I have tested flash 9 aswell).

The bug, as far as I can tell happens in both Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6, however I have only tested Intel machines not PPC ones, and I have not tested Windows or Linux.

I initially thought it was something I was doing however the Arora browser also has the same issue using the flash 10.1 plugin on a Mac, which made me think it was something up with QT. The other possibility is that it is a flash bug, however, I do not get the issue using Safari.

The simplest QWebView project with an URL indicating a flash form highlights the issue for me so it is very easily recreateable, I can provide an example project if needed.

Any help would be much appreciated even if its just to say yes it happens for me too!

Thanks,

Jon

joeyjojo
25th August 2010, 16:31
Is anyone able to help verify that this is indeed a problem?

Unfortunately I have only 1 mac to develop/test on so dont know if its my QT setup or is a genuine problem.

Can anyone else help me verify this?

Thanks,

bdecherf
27th March 2011, 16:15
Have you found the problem ?
The same bug exists with the browser on the qt demo and I can't find a bug for this.
The same code works on linux and windows.

Added after 26 minutes:

Found this: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-13642

Is there any workaround ?