PDA

View Full Version : Debuging Qt4 in VS2005

derick
17th August 2006, 18:36
I'm trying to make my expression in autoexp.dat work but I can not seem to get the object name to work:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Packages\Debugger\autoexp.dat
QString = t=<d->data,su> size=<d->size,i>
QObject = class=<staticMetaObject.d.stringdata,s> name=<d_ptr.objectName,s>

QString is fine and Object's "class" is fine but not "name"

Anybody solved this one?

gfunk
17th August 2006, 18:56
I took a look at my own autoexp.dat and noticed the Qt Visual Studio Integration 1.1.3 had already put in some vaules of its own in there. Not sure if it would be okay to post the values that it had set here, there's 2 dozen or so lines it added. I assume you don't use VS Integration?

derick
19th August 2006, 22:16
Thanks. Nope I do not use the VS integration. Does Trolltech give the source of the plugin code? Had a quick look around and could not locate anything... if so I can just peek from that.

gfunk
20th August 2006, 00:10
Source code for the dll's included with it? Doubt it, as it's all a part of their commercial license package. I'd say it's quite handy as it integrates all the Qt stuff into VS2005 relatively smoothly, so if your budget has room for it, buying a license to support their efforts would definitely be worth it.

derick
20th August 2006, 16:13
I actually have a commercial license... I'll just have to install the integration kit which seems to be this: qt-vsaddin-collection-2.1.2.exe 21484 KB

Quite a download... sigh...

Thanks for the tip.

gfunk
20th August 2006, 19:02
You need to download and install "qt-vsintegration-1.1.3.exe".

derick
20th August 2006, 20:55
The collection also contains it.. thanks