PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem with Qt 4.6.3 on Ubuntu 10.04

srikanth_trulyit
22nd August 2010, 19:49
Hi all

I am facing the following annoying error while trying to compile any qt project on Ubuntu 10.04

skipping incompatible /opt/qtsdk-2010.04/qt/lib/libQtGui.so when searching for -lQtGui

Im facing the same problem even after fresh Ubuntu 10.04 installation. Installed qt 4.6.3 for Linux 32bit successfully, but unable to compile any code with qt 4.6.3. I haven't added any library path as such.

Please suggest a complete solution as I am quite new to Linux environment.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth

Lykurg
22nd August 2010, 19:59
Well, are you sure you installed Ubuntu for 32bit? Maybe you have installed Ubuntu for 64 bit and then you also need the Qt binaries for 64. Please make sure you have the right version downloaded!

I use Kubuntu 32bit with the last 4.6.3 without problems.

srikanth_trulyit
23rd August 2010, 07:03
Well, are you sure you installed Ubuntu for 32bit? Maybe you have installed Ubuntu for 64 bit and then you also need the Qt binaries for 64. Please make sure you have the right version downloaded!

I use Kubuntu 32bit with the last 4.6.3 without problems.

I installed ubuntu 10.04 using wubi installer from windows. Moreover my system is a 32 bit intel machine, so I guess its a Ubuntu 32 bit version installed. Anyways how can I verify whether my ubuntu version is 32 bit or 64 bit ?

Thanks for your reply, Lykurg

- Srikanth

Lykurg
23rd August 2010, 07:14
right now I an not on my Linux box and I can't remember the command for 100%. If you have a fast Internet connection, simply download the 64 version of Qt, install that and try. But I look the command up later that day.

srikanth_trulyit
24th August 2010, 08:00
Lykurg,
To check 32 or 64 bit version of linux "file /sbin/init" should be the command. I found that the installed version is 64 bit ubuntu :confused:. I installed it through wubi installer from windows which created a proper partition and installed ubuntu in it. To my surprise it installed 64 bit version though my machine is a 32 bit processor.
Anyways I installed Qt SDK 64 bit version and everything works fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

- Srikanth