PDA

View Full Version : Q Scroll Area that scrolls??

hakermania
23rd August 2010, 22:08
1) How can I have the Scroll Area to scroll? I've added a lot of things inside it (and most of the items are hidden, and I suppose the scroll bar should appear then so we can see these hidden items) and after running the program the Scroll Bar does not appear so I can see the "hidden" items...

The scroll Bar does not appear, even if I check the always on option of scroll bar, I cannot scroll...

zeldaknight
23rd August 2010, 22:39
I assume you have a layout inside the scroll area? If you don't it might not be recognising that the widgets are too big ...

hakermania
23rd August 2010, 22:41
What do you mean layout?
I have a big Scroll area. I place there some objects. Then I resize the scroll area to its physical size but when I run the program I cannot scroll down to see the things I placed there during the time I hadn't resized the srcoll Area

zeldaknight
23rd August 2010, 22:48
Sorry - the scroll area doesn't actually have a layout, the widget inside it does. Are you using Designer or coding manually?

hakermania
23rd August 2010, 22:52
I am using the Desinger

zeldaknight
23rd August 2010, 22:57
Ah. You might need to have a layout on the scroll area for it to work.

First try going to the Object Inspector and expanding the qscrollarea object - there should be a single entry which is a qwidget. Click on the QWidget and make sure its size (or if you can't edit the size, then its minimum size) is larger than the scroll area dimensions.

If that doesn't work you will have to use a layout. Right-click on an empty section of the scroll area and choose Layout>Lay Out In (whatever you want). It probably won't look exactly how you want at first, but using layouts and sub-layouts is often the best way to get a UI looking nice (Look in the documentation at the Layouts tutorial if you're not sure what I'm talking about ;) )

See if that works.

Edit: And if you say Always Show Scrollbars does it? I could be on the wrong track here ...

hakermania
24th August 2010, 19:48
The always show scrollbars shows the scroll bars but I cannot scroll down to the other objects I've placed..
I'll have a try later on your suggestions and I'll let you know! :cool: