PDA

View Full Version : Slow performance of QGraphicsView - why?

zeldaknight
24th August 2010, 08:33
Hi,
I am using the Tiled map editor as part of the project I'm working on. I have a main window with a central tab widget - the map editor is one of a few tabs.
Tiled uses a live preview for stamping/filling tiles. On my netbook in the Tiled editor it's instantaneous but (in Release mode) in my program the live preview takes a couple of seconds to load.
Could it be the large number of widgets on my window that's affecting performance? Or is there another factor? Or does this mean I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

leoalvesmachado
24th August 2010, 15:09
It's hard to tell. If I were you, I would measure the performance of each component of my code, looking for a performance leak somewhere.
However, that's just a guess, since I don't have your code and I've never seen it running...
Testing in a powerful computer might also help - If it get's way faster, you are probably overloading your notebook...

zeldaknight
25th August 2010, 03:34
Yeah, I'll try embedding it the same way into a small testing application and see what happens I suppose.

My point is that the ordinary Tiled editor - which I'm using the QGraphicsView subclass from - works fine and fast on my netbook whereas my program doesn't ...

Edit: Although I suppose it might help to see whether it does speed up on a faster machine ... I'll try it on my 3.4GHz quad core beast ;)