PDA

View Full Version : Errors after compiling for Win

cejohnsonsr
26th August 2010, 22:29
In an earlier post (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/33648-Can-t-connect-a-signal-to-a-slot) I submitted some code for help. I got this app working & then tried to compile it again on my Win7x64 machine. It works when I run it from Qt Creator, but when I try to run it on it's own I get errors about missing dll's (mingwm10.dll, libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll & QtCore4.dll). As each error occured I located & copied each dll into the working directory which eliminated that error but led to the next. After copying QtCore4.dll I got the following error:

The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll.

I just installed the Qt SDK with MinGW & added them to my Path.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I have to do to make an app run in Win.

Thanks for any help,

Ed

Zlatomir
26th August 2010, 22:41
Copy the QtCore4.dll and others Qt dlls from the path: INSTALL_PATH_TO_QT_SDK\2010.04\qt\bin (the ones from INSTALL_PATH_TO_QT_SDK\2010.04\bin will not work with your application, there are different versions)

LE: Or add that path (INSTALL_PATH_TO_QT_SDK\2010.04\qt\bin) to environment variables

cejohnsonsr
26th August 2010, 23:10
The actual path(s) to those files are c:\Qt\2010.04\qt\bin & c:\Qt\2010.04\mingw\bin. I've copied all the files into the working directory of the app & I've added those paths to the PATH environment variable. No go. Isn't there some way to link to those files during the build?

Ed

cejohnsonsr
26th August 2010, 23:31
I deleted all the files in the project except for the header & source & project files. Recreated the project & rebuilt. Don't know what the difference is this time, but it works from my desktop so I guess it's fixed.

Actually, now I'm wondering if it will work on any computer or if I'll have to distribute a bunch of dll's with it?

Thanx,

Ed