PDA

View Full Version : Using Xlib with Qt

augusbas
30th August 2010, 11:16
Hi all,

I need to use Xlib function in Qt.

Objective is to display a "Xwindow Screen" on top of a Qt Widget ( QDialog, QMain Window etc.,).

With the created application, i get two independent windows one is Qt application window and other one is X Window. But i need X Window on top of Qt Application. How can i acheive this. Any Ideas!!

wysota
30th August 2010, 15:06
What do you mean by "XWindow Screen"? Aren't you mixing two terms here?

augusbas
31st August 2010, 06:09
What do you mean by "XWindow Screen"? Aren't you mixing two terms here?

Hi ,

I meant, i had a X Window Dialog which is developed using Xlib codes, and i had my Qt Main Window or Dialog too.

Now i need to show this X dialog on top of a Qt Widget. That's the Objective

wysota
31st August 2010, 08:03
I think you need to get all the lowlevel X stuff required to open an XLib window from QX11Info. Then you should be able to open the dialog. If you need to handle any X events, you can do that by reimplementing QApplication::x11EventFilter(). But be aware this window will look very odd compared to other windows in your program.

augusbas
31st August 2010, 09:47
I think you need to get all the lowlevel X stuff required to open an XLib window from QX11Info. Then you should be able to open the dialog. If you need to handle any X events, you can do that by reimplementing QApplication::x11EventFilter(). But be aware this window will look very odd compared to other windows in your program.

Hi wyosta,

Thanks for your support, If i can put the code created ,will you able to give a idea on the subject discussed....

I have already created an application with both the "xlib" part and Qt part, both are working fine as independent...Advice me

wysota
31st August 2010, 14:04
I won't help you with such lowlevel things, sorry. I don't want to touch bare XLib unless I really have to. I suggest you avoid it as well.