PDA

View Full Version : "C:/Qt/2010.04/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code %2.-->Error on windows

cheranj
1st September 2010, 15:38
i am getting this error while running on Windows vista...get strucked with it...What is the thing mingw in windows.Previously i worked in linux qt...there is no problem with these stuffs..in windows facing several problems

Zlatomir
1st September 2010, 18:16
MingW on windows doesn't have any issues (if you use Qt SDK or correctly configure the environment)

If your code worked on linux and doesn't work on windows, most likely, you imported the build configuration (and MingW tries to use the linux make files and other generated files), to solve this (if this is the case) you can use the Clean All option from the Build menu in Qt Creator, or manually delete the generated files.

cheranj
2nd September 2010, 06:50
Yes..i ve installled qt sdk properly.My problem gets solved.It works on RELEASE mode.What is that DEBUG and RELEASE really do.

Zlatomir
2nd September 2010, 09:59
The "Debug" build is used by you (by you i mean the programmer who develop the application) while you develop and test the first versions of your application, because it has a lot of "debugging information", it's easier debug (to use the debugger) on the Debug build. The Release build it's the application that is ready to run on your client computer (it is without debugging information and contains optimizations, so it will run faster)

NOTE: don't confuse the Debugger (application that you use to find bugs in your own application) with Debug build (your application is build with more information so that the Debugger application can give you more information is case your application fails)

LE: you can switch to Debug build and run the Clean All option from Build menu (it should work after that)

Action
11th August 2011, 08:02
Hi,
when I compiling my project there is an error "error: cannot find -lpthreadGC2". I had download pthreadGC2 and paste it to mingw/bin but its doesnt matter. What can I do?