PDA

View Full Version : diffrend kind of lists of GUI

tomixer
10th September 2010, 10:30
Hello there,

I'm new in QT. I'm referencing to Qt 4.6.
I want to do a list of tasks to display (download manager app) and I'm not sure which one to use.

Row of the list would be containing Strings, Icon, Progressbar and button. Selecting multiple rows is needed also. I need labeled tabs, so as i understood QListView is not an option. I read the manual, but still don't know which one is best for me.

I choosed QTreeWidget. Is it the really the best option? Rows won't expand.

Can someone explain diffrences between QTreeWidget and QTreeView(in general widget and view list diff)?

As I understand QListView is for single list but without labels of columns(why?), QTreeView if for expandable items like file system explorer in Win, but also can be used for not expandable, ant QTableView is mostly for spreadsheets. Am I right or missing something?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Lykurg
10th September 2010, 10:33
I would go for a QTabelView since then your progress bars, labels etc. are aligned in the right way. For customizations use a custom item delegate.

EDIT: But your QTreeView is also fine but if you won't expand the rows, you choose a widget with special options without using it. That is kind of waste resources.

wysota
10th September 2010, 14:30
I prefer to use QTreeView instead of QTableView most of the times as according to me it looks a bit better.

tomixer
12th September 2010, 20:26
Still not clear to me:

Can someone explain diffrences between QTreeWidget and QTreeView(in general widget and view list diff)?

As I understand QListView is for single list but without labels of columns(why?), QTreeView if for expandable items like file system explorer in Win, but also can be used for not expandable, ant QTableView is mostly for spreadsheets. Am I right or missing something?

wysota
12th September 2010, 20:33
Is there something specific which is not clear? Because for general answer I can only redirect you to the documentation: QTreeView vs QTreeWidget.

As I understand QListView is for single list but without labels of columns(why?)
If there is one column, there is no point in labeling it.

guiQt
12th September 2010, 20:48

The difference consists in the model/view architecture.
Model/View Programming (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/model-view-programming.html)

tomixer
12th September 2010, 20:51
Is there possibility to do more columns in QListView? If not lack of labeling is clear.

Most interesting for me is what are main practical appliances for qtreelist and qtreewidget. Little explanation why wold be very helpful also.

wysota
12th September 2010, 22:44
Is there possibility to do more columns in QListView?
No. QListView is by definition a one-column view.

Most interesting for me is what are main practical appliances for qtreelist and qtreewidget. Little explanation why wold be very helpful also.
Come on, man. Read the docs.