PDA

View Full Version : QSlider: Increase handle size -> How ?

ArneBurghardt
15th September 2010, 13:13
Hi,

i am designing a GUI for a touchscreen device (Plastique Style). So far everything is fine, except that it is very difficult to hit the slider handle, because it is way to small. Therefore i would like to increase the size of my slider handle.

My first try was to implement a style sheet for my vertical slider, like this one:

/* slider_pwm1 is the name of my slider */
#slider_pwm1::handle:vertical {
min-width: 50px;
width: 50px;
}
...but no success...

My second guess was to override the PixelMetric function:

// Override style for better Touchscreen handling
class MyProxyStyle : public QProxyStyle
{
public:
int pixelMetric ( PixelMetric metric, const QStyleOption * option = 0, const QWidget * widget = 0 ) const
{
switch(metric) {
case PM_SliderControlThickness : return 50;
default : return (QProxyStyle::pixelMetric(metric,option,widget));
}
}
};

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);
QApplication::setStyle(new MyProxyStyle);
}

And again i had no success... :crying:

Now i am running out of ideas... Does anybody out there has a clue/hint/link to solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help !

Arne

Ginsengelf
16th September 2010, 07:21
Hi, have you tried to use the "height" property in your style sheet instead of width?

Ginsengelf

ArneBurghardt
16th September 2010, 08:21
Yes, i have tried all combinations (min-width, width, min-height, height), but it had no visible effect.
But i am sure, that i address the style sheet correctly, because if i apply the following code from an Qt example...

#slider_pwm1:vertical {
border: 1px solid grey;
width: 50px;
margin: 22px 0 22px 0;
}
...it draws a box around my slider.
I have already spent a lot of time searching for a solution, but i haven't found anything...
Therefore any help is really appreciated :)

ArneBurghardt
17th September 2010, 07:46
Ok, white flag....
I have given up to increase the size of the slider handle, but instead i am using a QDial widget. This works very well with touchscreens.

seven7
24th June 2013, 15:21
// Override style for better Touchscreen handling
class MyProxyStyle : public QProxyStyle
{
public:
int pixelMetric ( PixelMetric metric, const QStyleOption * option = 0, const QWidget * widget = 0 ) const
{
switch(metric) {
case PM_SliderControlThickness : return 50;
default : return (QProxyStyle::pixelMetric(metric,option,widget));
}
}
};

If someone is still looking for a solution:
use PM_SliderLength, not PM_SliderControlThickness (and I used QWindowsStyle, not QProxyStyle, but that doesn´t matter I guess)

quimnuss
3rd September 2015, 10:27
I am looking for a solution. Is it possible to do it with stylesheets?

mscheper
11th August 2016, 20:58
I am looking for a solution. Is it possible to do it with stylesheets?

I finally worked it out. Counterintuitively, you need to mess with the groove, not the handle.

/* First, you'll need to do this, to make room for the bigger handles. */
QSlider:horizontal {
min-height: 32px;
}

QSlider::groove:horizontal {
margin: -2px 0; /* decrease this size (make it more negative)—I changed mine from –2px to –8px. */
}
(Apologies for the syntax highlighting—there doesn't seem to be a way to tell BBCode to highlight for CSS. I guess 'Qt code' means C?)

Note that I'm working with horizontal sliders. If you're working with vertical sliders, you'll need to change 'horizontal' to 'vertical' in two places, and change the second argument (left/right) for the horizontal margin, not the first (top/bottom).