PDA

View Full Version : Error while executing the exe release file

harmodrew
17th September 2010, 08:26
Hello!

Hello!
I'd like to built the final release version of my program. It's not the first time, previously I've already done it...

From the first time I built the program in release mode I copied four Qt dlls into the exe folder...infact when I run into QtCreator (even in release mode) the program it goes but when I run the executable it needs the dlls (of course)...

Now I've changed something in the code. I rebuild the project into debug mode and then into release mode. All goes ok but when I try to execute the new executable (the one in the "release" folder) it raises one error telling me that the program cannot run beacuse it cannot find the file QtCored4.dll
Moreover if I run the program in release mode int oQtCreator it doesn't draw the menubar (I added it from the code)...instead in debug mode it goes all good...

The strange is that, before this release, it needed the QtCore4.dll (without the "d" ).

How can it be that it runs properly in debug mode into QtCreator but in the release version it asks for the library? And why if I run it from QtCreator in release mode, it doesn't show me the menu bar?

Thanks

marcvanriet
17th September 2010, 11:43
Hello,

If it wants the QtCored4.dll (or any DLL ending with 'd') it means the .exe file is a debug build. Strange that it would appear in the 'release' folder.

Have you tried a Build - Clean All and then rebuilding the project ?

Best regards,
Marc

harmodrew
17th September 2010, 12:35
yes, lots of times!
I've even created a new clean project and included the files but the error comes again...

marcvanriet
21st September 2010, 00:34
Any luck already ?

harmodrew
21st September 2010, 07:58
I've made another clean project and now it works...

ramzes13
21st September 2010, 09:42
Hello,
I have also problem with a release file. When I compile my program in release mode and try to run exe file I am getting an error:
...exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll

Could anybody help me to solve these problem?
Thanks.

PS: I am using Qt Creator 2.0.0 based on Qt 4.7.0 (32bit).

Zlatomir
21st September 2010, 09:56
@ramzes13: Use the QtCore4.dll from QT_INSTALL_FOLDER\qt\bin not the one from QT_INSTALL_FOLDER\bin

ramzes13
21st September 2010, 10:21
Thank you for the comment. I just found that the problem was not in the dll stated in the error message! After I copied QtGui4.dll in the release folder I could run my program.
,Cheers