PDA

View Full Version : connect to a PostgreSQL Database on another Machine

raphaelf
28th August 2006, 09:31
QT: 4.1.3
COMPILER: MINGW
PostgreSQL 8.1

Hello everybody,
I have a small program who are able to connect with a PostgreSQL Database on my machine (localhost) perfect.
I have installed this application on another win xp machine and tried to connect to the PostgreSQL Database that are installed on another machine "PCPS391".
If i try to connect me, i get following error message (Please open the picture).
Have somebody make the same experience or can somebody see the problem?

The PostgreSQL Service has started on the server.

wysota
28th August 2006, 10:07
Maybe you have a firewall running there or the server is configured not to have remote access to it.

Next time please attach a jpeg or png image instead of attaching a zip file with a bmp inside. It's much more convenient this way for others to see your pic.

raphaelf
28th August 2006, 10:48
Hi Wysota,
On the server is no firewall installed and no winxp sp2 installed. I have checked the remote access permission and is enabled for remote access..
Ok, i will not attach zip files for a picture ;)

Have you another idea?Or have you experience with client server connections with postgre?

raphaelf
28th August 2006, 12:17
Hi Wysota,
I found the problem.. I had to konfigure on the PostgreSQL Server that my client are allowed to connect to my database. I had to insert there the ip address of my client.
Thanks for inpiration :)

ball
28th August 2006, 14:19
Please modify your hba.conf to allow access from remote IP.

raphaelf
28th August 2006, 14:36
Hi ball,
yes i do that and it works