PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load Qt Plugin in Visual Studio!

Naami
22nd September 2010, 11:51
Hi;
I have a QtCreator project content Qt Plugin projects and Qt Application (Plugin Manager), be able to charge this plugin with Mingw (it worked);
I use VS addin-Qt in VS 2008 (VC++), and open my project, I build;
The Manager cannot be able to load this plugins (.dll)!!
Help me? :rolleyes:

Thanks? ;)

tbscope
22nd September 2010, 17:12
Please explain that again. The only thing I think I get is that you are trying to create a Qt Creator plugin in Visual Studio and it doesn't work?

So, here's a tip:
Explain in great detail what you did and what didn't work.

Sergi
24th September 2010, 00:38
I am running into a problem while trying to use the Qt Plugin for Visual Studio 2010. As the problem is somewhat related to the title, I preferred to write in this post instead of opening a new one.

I am trying to integrate Qt with VS2010, to do so I have installed the last Visual Studio add-in (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in), which I correctly installed for VS2010 (Qt menu appears in VS).

I also installed Qt SDK C++ 4.7 (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp), which is supposed to be the last version. It also works fine.

The problem comes when I try to set the Qt version in the Qt Options menu. When I select the path of the current installation, it isn't accepted because:

Qt in the given path was built using MinGW

Do I have to rebuild the source code or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

squidge
24th September 2010, 07:52
You have to rebuild Qt using Visual Studio. See the deployment guide: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/deployment.html

Lesiok
24th September 2010, 07:53
Yes, You must rebuild Qt with Visual Studio. I think that it will be better to download and install not Qt SDK but Qt for Visual Studio.

Sergi
24th September 2010, 17:29
Thanks! After I rebuild it (it took a long time), it is working fine.

xropi
23rd October 2010, 16:19
Hi all, this is my first post. An unhappy post...

I'm new to QT and I'm experiencing a lot of troubles installing it.
Fisrt, I installed QT4.7 on a XP SP3 32bit + VS2010 system. It wasn't flawless at all. Two errors occured.
1. qmake stopped with fatal error U1077... (configure -platform win32-msvc2010 -no-webkit) It turned out that deleting some *.tmp files solves the problem but hey, why are those files there anyway?!? (this helped : http://www.qtforum.org/article/31561/error-when-building-libraries.html)
2. after all compiled, another error popped out: the qt version setting in VS add-in 1.1.7 failed. It just couldn't be set. The error message was the same as the one at Sergi. When I typed in the path C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\ :
Qt in the given path was built using MinGW

ehh... what MinGW?! :S I've built qt using MSVC command prompt as the install instructions said.
I tried fixing it many ways, none was successful. After having rebooted my machine, it still didn't work. Then after a while I wanted to show this error to someone and the setting was just done. I don't know, how. Before, I haven't got any valid qt version set, now I have.
Finally it was working but... it was NOT easy and I still don't know the trick. I cannot imagine a reason why should a plain qt installation be full of tricks... :/

Second:
I wanted to repeat the above process on another machine (win7 64bit + VS2010 32 bit)
The compilation process wasn't clean here too. After the same configure command I got a different error. Funny, but simply entering qmake again solved the "problem". WHY?? How can it be? :)
I'm not used to building systems with non-deterministic behavior. Not working? Let's try the same again and pray. :D

And the real question: in the add-in I experienced the same uninterpretable error message as before: Qt in the given path was built using MinGW
Last time some random actions resulted in setting the qt version properly. Now I just don't get the same result.

What to do now?

xropi
25th October 2010, 19:32
not qmake
nmake instead...

wysota
25th October 2010, 20:32
I'm not used to building systems with non-deterministic behavior.
Format your disk and install Linux, you'll have deterministic behaviour.

And the real question: in the add-in I experienced the same uninterpretable error message as before: Qt in the given path was built using MinGW
Oh, I can easily interpret that even without you using really large font as if you wanted us to ignore your post. You didn't download Qt sources like you should have but instead you downloaded the binary Qt SDK containing a MinGW installation and pointed Creator to the version of Qt contained in the SDK so I'm really not suprised the tool determined you were using a MinGW built Qt.

If you want trouble, you'll get trouble, no matter how straightforward the things really are. <sarcasm>I suggest you take your Windows installation CD/DVD and try rebuilding Windows with MinGW. Then complain to Microsoft that you can't and it's probably the fault of Microsoft not supporting MinGW with their system.</sarcasm>

xropi
26th October 2010, 11:09
this helps:
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/34492-Add-new-Qt-version.?highlight=visual+studio