PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone app

wolfi3b
23rd September 2010, 12:32
Hi,
I need my application to work on pc's without QT installed, so I always copy necessarily libraries with my compiled binary file and its working. But now I need my app to work with pictures (save, open..etc). When I run binary, there is no error reffeering to missing library, so I thought its ok, but when I try saving picture is not working in release(no app crushing error or somthing, just nothing happen at all). In debug its everything ok, working properly.
Can anybody help mi which library is needed? Or can you direct me somewhere where I can find it out?
Thank you very much. I appreciate any help.

nish
23rd September 2010, 12:38
i think you need qt plugins. http://www.qtcentre.org/faq.php?faq=qt_images#faq_qt_missing_images

wolfi3b
23rd September 2010, 14:22
Thank you for your answer, I didint have that folder with my project. Unfortunately, when I copy it there, nothing changes. Anyway not sure if its the right one I used first the one in .../qt/plugins/imageformats and than I tried .../bin/imageformats . Unfortunately its still the same.

One more thing, I forgot to say how Im saving picture, so I use QPixmap mehtode save. I save it as
save(cesta,"JPG",100)

and I tested now what it is returning and its all time returning 0 so its not able to save. I checked many times if path Im saving it to is correct and it is. Also its working in debug, so it should be anyway.

wolfi3b
23rd September 2010, 15:39
Ok, I found the problem. Files I copied were from version 4.7. these are with which its not working, now when I copied from another folder in my QT installation, I noticed that in description there is another version. My installed QT is 4.7, but these had description 4.6.3. I tried these and now Its working. Just now I have no Idea why its like this, but I'm definitely gonna find out :)

One more time thank you for your answer. It put me on the right track.

Astronomy
26th September 2010, 11:46
Did you read:
http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_static_applications

greetz A.