PDA

View Full Version : Application won't static compile under KDE4

b1
27th September 2010, 03:00
G'Day,

I have installed Qt 4.6.2 on Slackware Linux 13.1 and compiled the toolkit statically. I can confirm this worked by checking the demos & examples are all 10Mb or larger (in the shared compile they were in the Kbs).

Using QDevelop I wrote a test application and tried to compile it statically but it ends up shared. I have set the QTDIR to the static libraries and all the paths/option/tools/etc in QDevelop are set to the static libraries. I even tried the command line using the tools from the static compiled toolkits bin directory but it still creates a shared executable. I have checked that the project file contains "config += static". I have only had this problem since using KDE4 (which uses Qt4 of course).

Clearly I am missing something very obvious but I can't see the wood for the trees!! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, B1.

Lykurg
27th September 2010, 06:26
If it is true that you link to the right libraries and you have add static to your pro file, then I only can guess that you maybe forgot to rerun qmake?

b1
27th September 2010, 06:42
If it is true that you link to the right libraries and you have add static to your pro file, then I only can guess that you maybe forgot to rerun qmake?

Lykurg, I thought that too, so I reran qmake both through QDevelop and at the command line but to no avail. The "make" output shows the correct library paths being used but I suspect there is some other path statement buried some I haven't found that has the wrong path in it.
Thank you for the thought, though...

Cheers, B1.