PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.6.3 and up Desktop-build folder

jzuber
30th September 2010, 18:17
Hello,

I recently installed qt 4.6.3 (and later 4.7) and i have noticed that upon building the program, a new folder is created with the tag -build-desktop. I find this annoying and was wondering if there is a way to stop this behaviour.

Thanks!

Lykurg
30th September 2010, 19:05
There is an option where you can define the build directory. See on the side bar of creator: "project".

(For me it's not annoying:D)

tbscope
30th September 2010, 19:17
I find this annoying and was wondering if there is a way to stop this behaviour.

You don't work on a large code base or don't use a code repository :-)
Like Lykurg says, this absolutely not annoying, this is the prefered way to build software. Always try to keep your source files and generated files separate.

Zlatomir
30th September 2010, 19:49
As Lykurk and tbscope said this is not annoying.

And another reason is that you can just copy the folder (with your project and code) to another OS and just build it (without the errors generated by the 'old' make files)

jzuber
30th September 2010, 20:36
I do work on a fairly large code base and do use a repo, however, I prefer having the generated files in the debug / release folder WITHIN the folder which contains my project.

Thanks Lykurg for pointing out that project option on the side -> I did not see it!