PDA

View Full Version : packaging

acano
3rd October 2010, 15:10
Hi.

I am tring to run the gesture examples that comes with QtCreator 2.0.

I have no problems when running the desktop application for linux. But, when truing to run it on my N900, I obtain the next error:

:: error: Packaging Error: Could not copy '/home/opt/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/gestures-build-maemo/gestures' to '/home/opt/NokiaQtSDK/E examples/4.6/gestures-build-maemo/debian/gestures//usr/local/bin/gestures'.

Someonw has enyidea about whay is happening?

tbscope
3rd October 2010, 15:42
If this is an accurate copy of the error, and I think it isn't, then the error is here:

.../gestures//usr/local/bin/gestures
That is not a correct path. I guess the program wants to copy some files into /usr/local/bin/gestures but that path gets appended to the source/duild dir?

acano
3rd October 2010, 16:12
If this is an accurate copy of the error, and I think it isn't, then the error is here:

.../gestures//usr/local/bin/gestures
That is not a correct path. I guess the program wants to copy some files into /usr/local/bin/gestures but that path gets appended to the source/duild dir?

Thanks for your reply. That is an accurate copy of the error.

I could undertand that the problem is there. But, how to solve it?
Should I mofify manually the Makefile?
Can I modify some parameters on QtCretor to solve it?

thanks!

wysota
3rd October 2010, 16:33
How are you deploying the application to N900? Do you have MADDE configured and running?

acano
4th October 2010, 09:00
How are you deploying the application to N900? Do you have MADDE configured and running?

Yes.

In fact I can run the example "animatedtiles" on my N900 without any problem.

wysota
4th October 2010, 19:56
There is no way NokiaQtSDK+MADDE would try to copy the application to /usr/local/bin or anything containing this path (the binary should be copied to N900's ~developer or equivalent). Please check the project file, maybe you changed it by accident somehow.