PDA

View Full Version : Examples not compiling - I suspect PATH issues - need help

lbjvg
3rd October 2010, 18:30
I am learning C++ and am having newbie growing pains. My system is Win 7 64 bit. I installed MinGW the other day and manually added C:\MinGW;C:\MinGW\bin to the PATH in Environment Variables and successfully compiled a few hello world type simple C++ projects.

Today I installed Qt Creator for windows (open source). The installer includes it's own version of MinGW. Perhaps there are inevitable conflicts somehow with what I had set up the day before.

When I inspect the Environment Variables Path's I do not see any entries to c:\Qt.. which I expected the windows installer to do.

I have tried several attempts to compile something in Qt Creator with different projects and get the exact same errors - so I know the problem is something basically wrong with my setup. Below is the most recent attempt.

I have attached a screen shot of the Build setting. Of note is the build directory is is a red font.

When I try to compile sample code from within Qt Creator I get an error
Build Issue: :: error: [debug-all] Error -1073741790

Compile Output:
Running build steps for project stickman...
Starting: "c:/qt/2010.05/qt/bin/qmake.exe" C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/stickman/stickman.pro -r -spec win32-g++
The process "c:/qt/2010.05/qt/bin/qmake.exe" exited normally.
Starting: "C:/Qt/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/stickman-build-desktop'

C:/Qt/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug all

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/stickman-build-desktop'

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"..\stickman" -I"." -I"..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o tmp\obj\debug_shared\main.o ..\stickman\main.cpp

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/stickman-build-desktop'

mingw32-make: *** [debug-all] Error -1073741790

The process "C:/Qt/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code %2.
Error while building project stickman (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

I suspect there is some confusion related to having 2 installations of MinGW but I am not sure that is the problem and am not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

tbscope
3rd October 2010, 18:41
You probably have a conflict with a virus killer / firewall / indexing service / ... whatever takes your files hostage.

Only the directory where qmake is located needs to be known. But that's not even necessary. If you look at the compile output you see it finds qmake without a problem and it even uses the mingw tools that come with the SDK. QMake usually takes care of everything.

There's no problem compiling the source. There is a problem writing to some files.