PDA

View Full Version : create app menu in qt

sk.qt
6th October 2010, 08:01
Being newbie,can any one tell me how can create app menu(application menu) in qt??

Lykurg
6th October 2010, 08:06
Being newbie,
Then newbie is a good forum for you! (moved)

can any one tell me how can create app menu(application menu) in qt??
If you mean a menu bar at the top of a window see QMenuBar.

sk.qt
6th October 2010, 09:30
thanks for reply.that's ok ,can able to do.on top of the screen (form menu).that's coming.but i want to make app menu(options and exit) in qt.how can make just like in symbian

wysota
6th October 2010, 09:53
What system are you running on?

sk.qt
6th October 2010, 10:20
I am using windows 7, nokia QTSDK and windows qt 4.7 sdk latest release.in simulator,getting 3 options(for non touch nokia,touch nokia,and maemo device).

if anything let me know..

wysota
6th October 2010, 10:41
So you're running on Maemo :) Maemo doesn't have application menu, only the main menu. You can see the menu in the simulator controller window.

sk.qt
6th October 2010, 11:58
i am using symbian device here not maemo.in symbian device,supports app menu na??

wysota
6th October 2010, 16:46
Try to be more specific next time instead of me having to drag every bit of information out of you. If you are after the action menu then you need to add actions directly to the window's menu bar.

sk.qt
7th October 2010, 06:48
yeah really sorry.next time onward will provide all the relevant information.

Here i am adding actions in menubar.but thats menu items coming in top of the screen in simulator.Not coming in options in bottom of the screen.

i want the menu items should come under options just like i am doing in symbian just adding menuitems in menubar that by default coming in options.

Thanks
sk

wysota
7th October 2010, 11:30
Here i am adding actions in menubar.but thats menu items coming in top of the screen in simulator.
Show us the code where you do that.

i want the menu items should come under options just like i am doing in symbian just adding menuitems in menubar that by default coming in options.
Show us the code.