PDA

View Full Version : Multi frame management ... is it possible ?

yellowmat
25th January 2006, 09:15
Hi there !
I want to develop an application constituted of many frames as follow :
* a title frame the replace the usual titlae frame but is specific because there is no button on the rigth
* a tool bar frame just behind the title frame
* a text frame just on the below left of the tool bar frame which contain some text and eventually a background bitmap
* a frame on the right of the previous text frame which contains a centered background bitmap on many buttons all around.

It should be better if I could insert the screen shot of my application but I fail to insert it.

So, what I want to to is quit simple ... but I don't know if it is possible. Somebody could tell me if I should do something else or how to do ?

Thanks in advance.

fullmetalcoder
25th January 2006, 09:51
It would be sooooooooooooooo easy if you used Qt4!!!

yellowmat
25th January 2006, 09:57
Fu...k ! I'm actually using Qt3.3.3.

You mean that with Qt4 it is easy to do it ? The final look and feel I'm trying to reach is similar to Qt Assistant.

So as I'm using Qt3.3.3 can you help me ?

wysota
25th January 2006, 10:15
It would be sooooooooooooooo easy if you used Qt4!!!

I don't see any advantages of using Qt4 in this situation, could you elaborate?

yellowmat
25th January 2006, 10:25
Anyone could give me a clue ? A starter progarm or something else please ?

wysota
25th January 2006, 10:41
Anyone could give me a clue ? A starter progarm or something else please ?

Maybe you should try something out yourself first? We don't write programs for you here, we help resolve problems.

yellowmat
25th January 2006, 11:03
Right ! That's what I am doing since this morning and it progress. I Had some difficulties with the sizePolicies (the resizing of my frames was bad because of inappropriate sizePolicy parameters) but now it is OK. I have my application with 3 frames (toolframe, textframe and pictureframe) which resizes well.

What blocks me now is the removing of the buttons in the application title bar. Is it possible to remove them and just keep the title ? If it is possible, how do I do this with Qt Designer 3.3.3. ?

I don't need code but some clue please :)

wysota
25th January 2006, 11:07
Designer will not do here, you have to enter some code :) Look at Qt::WidgetFlags (which are passed as third argument to QWidget constructor).

yellowmat
25th January 2006, 11:41
Héhé ... it works :)

Thanks for your precious help.