PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Release of Qucs 0.0.10

Gopala Krishna
1st September 2006, 13:07
Hello all,

The Qucs project (Qucs = Quite Universal Circuit Simulator) today announced the immediate availability of Qucs 0.0.10, a Qt-based advanced and powerful microwave circuit simulator for GNU/Linux and other UNIXes.
Qucs, including all its libraries and its applications, is available as free (as in speech) software under Open Source licenses. Qucs can be obtained in source code from http://sourceforge.net/projects/qucs.

Features

Qucs provides a GUI based on Qt3 for setting up electrical and electronic circuitry, a simulator, which is able to simulate the small and large signal as well as the noise behaviour of these circuits. The results can be shown on a special presentation page in different formats (rect, polar, smith, tabular, 3d-cartesian, locus and polar-smith combinations). Pure digital simulations are also supported.

About Qucs

Qucs is an independent project of only a few developers, translators,etc, collaborating over the Internet to create and freely distribute a sophisticated, customizable and stable microwave circuit simulator.
P.S:
For enhancing the development speed we are looking for more developers, who want to support the Qucs Project . You may have a look at the roadmap (http://qucs.sourceforge.net/road.html) to see how you can support us. Also Qucs is being ported to qt4.1 and your help in this regard is very much welcome.

Thanks

A lot of thanks go to the translators and to the supportive user responses so far encouraging us to improve the software. We couldn't have done it without you!

So long,
the Qucs team.

e8johan
28th September 2006, 07:32
The application looks amazing! I'm sure to follow your progress - will you be using a project blog or such that I can add to my feed reader?

Gopala Krishna
5th October 2006, 13:37
Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry as I havent yet started to blog.
Well, anyway I am planning to start blogging shortly. In that case I'll let u know. :)

MySchizoBuddy
6th December 2010, 15:03
Qucs is at 0.0.15 right now.
Doesn't have a new QT4 based gui yet.