PDA

View Full Version : Drag/Drop: Drop indicator doesn't change for drags between QListView and QTableView

mclark
11th October 2010, 20:04
When dragging between a QListView and a QTableView the drop indicator does not change, so the QTableView::dropEvent() is never called when releasing the mouse button. But, debugging code in the QTableView::dragEnterEvent() states:
DropAction: Qt::MoveAction
DragDropMode: QAbstractItemView:: DropOnly
DropIndicatorShown: TRUE
DragDropOverwriteMode: TRUE
I have a QStandardModel that services both a QGraphicsScene/View and the QTableView (the table view is filled via QSortFilterProxyModel class. Drops into the QGraphicsScene work fine.

Any ideas about what I can do to get the QTableView to show a drop indicator and allow dropEvent() to be called?

For reference, this is my table view ctor.
SheetView::SheetView( QWidget* pParent ) : QTableView( pParent )
{
setSelectionMode( QAbstractItemView::SingleSelection );
setAcceptDrops( true );
setDropIndicatorShown( true );
setDragDropMode( QAbstractItemView::DropOnly );
setDragDropOverwriteMode( true );
setSelectionBehavior( QAbstractItemView::SelectRows );
}
Qt Commercial 4.6.2
Windows XP SP3

mclark
12th October 2010, 17:16
Still no drop indicator. This seems like such a simple operation but I still can't figure out why it's not working.

I thought that using a proxy model might be causing my problems but the proxy model calls setSupportedDragActions( Qt::CopyAction | Qt::MoveAction ) in the constructor which should handle the model side of things. At the end of the proxy ctor the supported actions are: Drop: Qt::CopyAction
Drag: Qt::CopyAction | Qt::MoveAction

Here is my dragEnterEvent.

void SheetView::dragEnterEvent( QDragEnterEvent* pEvent )
{
if ( pEvent->mimeData()->hasFormat( MY_MIMETYPE ) )
pEvent->acceptProposedAction();
else
pEvent->setDropAction( Qt::IgnoreAction );
}

mclark
13th October 2010, 21:51
SOLVED:

I guess if I would reimplement all the required functions I would not have this trouble. The default implementation of dragMoveEvent() ignores events. Overridding this function fixes this problem.

void SheetView::dragMoveEvent( QDragMoveEvent* pEvent )
{
if ( !pEvent->mimeData()->hasFormat( MY_MIMETYPE ) )
{
pEvent->ignore();
return;
}

pEvent->accept();
}