PDA

View Full Version : how to create .exe file of the project?

anamr
17th October 2010, 11:23
Hello , my program gui windows app builds and runs in qt creator,when i click green colored button in left bottom of qt creator. But i wanted to make it self executable, like running an independant application without qt. I also found the file .exe of my application in the build-desktop folder.But when i double click on it it says mingwm10.dll missing.
Tell me what to do to make my application run on any windows system ,independantly operating without using qt.

Zlatomir
17th October 2010, 11:37
You need to copy the required dll's in the same folder with your application.exe

You need at least two dll's for MingW runtime:
mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
you can find this two in the QT_INSTALL_PATH\mingw\bin

And some (depending on what modules you use) for Qt runtime, for example: QtCore4.dll and QtCore4.dll (these are for release build of your application, those for debug have a d in their name and are bigger because they have more debugging information) you can find those in QT_INSTALL_PATH\qt\bin
Note: the dll's from QT_INSTALL_PATH\bin won't work with your application.

Also on your developing system you can add the two paths to the Environment variables Path and on your system you don't need to copy the dll's, you will copy them only when you deploy on another system