PDA

View Full Version : What's the use of setCornerWidget

postbeerliu
4th September 2006, 05:13
Who can tell me the usage about "void QAbstractScrollArea::setCornerWidget ( QWidget * widget )"?
I just think that i can place a widget on the corner of the two scroolbar from the name of the method. So i create a graWidget and a navWidget which are all derived from QGraphicsView and derived form QAbstractScrollArea in chain .

graWidget = new GraphWidget( scene );
navWidget = new NavigateWidget( scene );
navWidget->setMainWindow(this);

graWidget->setCornerWidget(navWidget);

and I overload the void mousePressEvent ( QMouseEvent * e ) as void NavigateWidget::mousePressEvent ( QMouseEvent * e ), the the function I just send a message to the MainWindows' statusbar. but when i click on the corner ,nothing was show on the statusbar ? does i misuse the setcorner method ?

jpn
4th September 2006, 07:01
At first, Qt 4.2 is still at development stage. Maybe this has not yet been fully implemented. Are you using the tech preview or the latest snapshot anyway?

I have the feeling that the corner widget is intended to be something smaller than another scroll area. If I got it right, the "corner widget" will appear in the bottom right corner (in LTR layout) between the scroll bars. How does a widget with yet another scroll bars fit into that tiny area in between the scroll bars?

And notice what docs have to say about this:

You will probably also want to set at least one of the scroll bar modes to AlwaysOn.

This will assure that the corner widget has some space to show itself.