PDA

View Full Version : Installing QT Creator - debugger is missing!

Istrebitel
19th October 2010, 10:58
Greetings

I am new to QT as i am now on a project which should be multi-platform thus i was told to install QT creator for windows.

I have downloaded and installed qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.05.exe, installation with default options (all but "post mortem debugger" checkboxes enabled).

When i try to debug my project it says that debugger is missing. Indeed i dont even have pythongdb folder in the place it is searching for it!

When i was installing the option to install this GDB debugger was checked and was greyed out (impossible to uncheck!)

I couldnt find any online help on the matter, it seems everybody is having their debugger just fine? But mine is missing and there is nowhere to download it from as well!

marcvanriet
19th October 2010, 11:42
Hi,

I'm not familiar with the MingW build, but you could try in the menu 'Tools' - 'Options' then the icon 'Qt4' under 'Qt Versions'. You should see your Qt version. If you select it, you can press the 'rebuild' button below.

If the debugger helper is available, you should see a green check mark.

Best regards,
Marc

Istrebitel
19th October 2010, 11:54
When i do tools-options i see a list of icons with text caption onthe left vertically, each of them opens a corresponding panel on the right.
There is no Qt Versions, only Qt4 or Version control.
Under Qt4, there is a table of options, table has columns "Name, qmake location,Debugging helper"
Table contains values

Auto detected
Qt in path <not found>
Manual
Qt for symbian devices c:\nokiaqtsdk\symbian\sdk\bin\qmake.exe
Simulator Qt for VS 2005 c:\nokiaqtsdk\simulator\qt\msvc2005\bin\qmake.exe
Simulator Qt for VS 2008 c:\nokiaqtsdk\simulator\qt\msvc2008\bin\qmake.exe
Simulator Qt for MinGW 4.4 c:\nokiaqtsdk\simulator\qt\mingw\bin\qmake.exe
4.7.0 c:\qt\2010.05\qt\bin\qmake.exe

I see no "rebuild" option when i highlight anything
And "debugger helper" column is blank for every entry

mcosta
19th October 2010, 12:05
I've the same problem.
It's a bug?

Istrebitel
19th October 2010, 12:05
you know what, i think i nailed that.

The path specified for the GDB is this:
C:\Qt\qtcreator-2.0.1\pythongdb\gdb-i686-pc-mingw32.exe

BUT the default path for Qt installation is this:
C:\Qt\2010.05

this is where it ended since i clicked all defaults!

I changed the path to C:\Qt\2010.05\pythongdb\gdb-i686-pc-mingw32.exe
....Now i can run the debugger!

---

But now i am having another problem...
I have a console app that doesnt need the event chain. Thats why i'm doing all my work in main() like this:

QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);
<<work>>
QTimer::singleShot(0, &a, SLOT(quit()));
return a.exec();

(some dude in some tutorials advised to still run the a.exec so it can cean up whatever it needs to)

I've put a breakpoint inside the <<work>> part. I want to evaluate variables when breakpoint hits. Inside <<work>> i am printf'ing into the console.

Now, i press Start Debugging button, i can see execution stack, hit breakpoints, step etc, but console window never shows! If i press the Run button, i will see the console and the output, but with Start Debugging, i never see it!

What can i do to see the console?