PDA

View Full Version : Three questions for using KDevelop3

lum
5th September 2006, 10:44
Hello,
I am a beginner to use KDevelop3.

1. How can I modify a source file's name which has been added into a project?

2. How to change a project's name, including the main class. For example, if you creat a project named "MyProject", then the main class that autocreated is "class MyProject",. Now, I want to change it to "class Your Project".

3. And is there any good method to add many source files into project rather than one by one ?

Thank you: )

wysota
5th September 2006, 16:08
1. How can I modify a source file's name which has been added into a project?
Save it under a different name, remove the old file from project and add the new one.

2. How to change a project's name, including the main class. For example, if you creat a project named "MyProject", then the main class that autocreated is "class MyProject",. Now, I want to change it to "class Your Project".
I don't think I understand. If you want to change a class name then just... change the class name in the source file.

3. And is there any good method to add many source files into project rather than one by one ?
Yes, you can select more than one file in the "add file to project" file dialog. Just hold down control key and select all the files you need.

aMan
6th September 2006, 01:26
Is it possible to change the project's name?

Thanks in advance..
regards..
aMan..

wysota
6th September 2006, 11:59
Is it possible to change the project's name?

What do you mean by "the project's name"? You mean the target binary or what?

lum
6th September 2006, 16:53
For "the project name", I means if I creat a project named "A" using a project template, then in my source file a.cpp, there is a class A , and after linking the executable file's name is "a".
But now , I want to change the project's name to "B", and also want the source file changed to be b.cpp in which there is a class B, and after linking the executable file's name is "b".
I want to do it automatically, not by hand. Is it possible?

Quote:
Yes, you can select more than one file in the "add file to project" file dialog. Just hold down control key and select all the files you need.

Where is the "add file to project"? I didn't find it:o
I use KDevelop 3.3.1 in FC5

aMan
6th September 2006, 17:18
When you make a new project, you are giving it a name. That name is stored in many places. For instance ProjectName.pro, ProjectName.kdevelop, ProjectName.kdevses, src/ProjectName.cpp, inside the ProjectName.kdevelop..

Of course I can change these all manually, but that's much work..

I had to do that once and it was easier to make a new project and add the files (in that time i dont knew the "add source files" and created for every class two new files manually).

edit:
just seen the above post..

@where is add existing file
in the qmake manager on the right side of the window..

regards..
aMan..

lum
7th September 2006, 10:29
Thank you:)