PDA

View Full Version : Unable to use Qt with Ruby on MacOS

Micro
24th October 2010, 23:52
Hi,

I've been willing to do some Ruby using Qt but it seems harder to install it than to use it...

So here's my problem. I had to download and install Qt, no problem there. Next. I had to install qt4-qtruby. Here's the problem begin. To install it I have to use a command line like cmake blablabla something make something make. I hadn't cmake installed on my computer so I download it. IMPOSSIBLE to install it. I had to google all over the word to find that I needed something called Java Developper Package exclusively on the apple.developper site. And of course it's was invisible in the "normal" search.

Final step : compiling/building qt4-qtruby.

I have a nice error where it's speak of automoc4. I search for it in google, read like ALL the pages I had in result and nothing.

Is it simply impossible to use qtruby on mac ? Is there something I do wrong ? Some Path to add ?

Here's my exact error :
shell prompt $> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4/ . && make && make install
CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70 (MESSAGE):
Did not find automoc4 (Automoc4Config.cmake, part of kdesupport).
(missing: AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/modules/FindAutomoc4.cmake:56 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:70 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Sorry for my english it's not my primary langage and I'm quite angry after passing 2hours trying to install something I was think for fun...

thanks in advance for any answer

ChrisW67
25th October 2010, 09:03
automoc is part of KDE which seems to indicate that you will need at least kde-support installed.