PDA

View Full Version : Makefile problems

darkxchaotic
29th October 2010, 09:02
So I've been trying to get Qt Creator working under Ubuntu for the past couple of days but I always run into errors compiling a Qt project that I have been working on that uses OpenGL. The project compiles fine in Qt Creator on Windows XP, Windows 7, and computers on campus that run Ubuntu, but I just can't seem to get it to compile on my machine at home. I've installed several different packages, and tried installing both through the Software Center and the file provided on the Qt website but I always end up with an error of some sort on compilation. Qt demo's compile fine, and at one point an earlier, barebones version of my project did compile successfully. At this point I'm pretty sure I've just about read every page that Google spits out in relation to the errors I've seen and I still haven't a clue how to go about resolving it.

Now I'm back at (more-or-less) square one. I've got Qt Creator installed using the Ubuntu Software Center. Trying to compile my project yields the following:

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'. Stop.
Exited with code 2.
Error while building project ECS175P1
When executing build step 'Make'

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what my first step should be to eliminate this current problem?

wysota
29th October 2010, 09:23
Run qmake.