PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator How to select a many widgets?

rockballad
3rd November 2010, 11:27
Hi there,

I have a "stupid" question. How can I select a group of widgets on the design window? I don't like pressing Ctrl while clicking every widget one by one.

Thanks.

high_flyer
3rd November 2010, 13:13
you can also just click somewhere on the form and while clicking move the mouse, this sill start a rubber band.

rockballad
3rd November 2010, 23:25
No, I can't. When I press mouse down, and move, the widget container will be moved as the mouse is dragged. There's no rectangle of selection is made like most of IDEs I used to work with (Visual Studio, Borland C, Eclipse...) I wonder if there's any key to press while dragging mouse to make selection?

wysota
3rd November 2010, 23:54
You have to start dragging from an empty part of form with no widgets (even containers) under the pointer.

rockballad
4th November 2010, 05:45
You have to start dragging from an empty part of form with no widgets (even containers) under the pointer.

Yes. Thank you. But it's not natural. If I wanna select a group of children widgets of a container (or many nested containers), I have to select from the 0-level (form), over those containers, then to those children, and deselect the containers. Easier than selecting widgets one by one, but still unnatural. It could be worse if those children are surrounded by many other widgets that I don't want to select.

wysota
4th November 2010, 08:29
Yes. Thank you. But it's not natural.
I completely agree.

If I wanna select a group of children widgets of a container (or many nested containers), I have to select from the 0-level (form), over those containers, then to those children, and deselect the containers. Easier than selecting widgets one by one, but still unnatural. It could be worse if those children are surrounded by many other widgets that I don't want to select.

Qt is open-source. Feel free to implement an appropriate fix.

rockballad
4th November 2010, 08:51
Thanks. I just want to check if an experienced user like you knows how to use the designer...
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

marcvanriet
4th November 2010, 15:53
Hi,

Had the same issue at first using Borland Delphi / C++ Builder. In the Borland IDE, you can hold CTRL and then drag a rectangle if. This works also if the widgets are on a parent container.

Who launches a feature request, or who implements this ? Anyone ?

Regards,
Marc