PDA

View Full Version : How pass part of the mouse events through a top-level window to the windows below

akerka
4th November 2010, 00:40
Good evening.
Half of my top-level window is transparent, except for a few sites. I want to ensure that mouse events occurring on that half had passed through my application and reach of applications under him.
I found that event->ignore() does not effect a top-level window. Does anyone know anything on which side to approach this problem?
Thanks in advance for the tip.

high_flyer
4th November 2010, 09:54
Half of my top-level window is transparent, except for a few sites.
Do you mean 100% transparent (i.e by using a mask) or only partly opaque?
If its 100% transparent, no mouse events for that widget will be cought where it is fully transparent.
If it is only partly opaque, then you will have probably have to use an event filter.

I want to ensure that mouse events occurring on that half had passed through my application and reach of applications under him.
Do you really mean "application" or widgets?
Or, do you really mean event between applications, or events between widgets (windows) in the same application?

wysota
4th November 2010, 10:10
I don't think there is a general and easy approach to your problem. You will probably have to dig into the native API. Once events reach an application they are not forwarded to other applications on their own.