PDA

View Full Version : Edyuk 0.6.0 : test its taste ;-)

fullmetalcoder
9th September 2006, 16:03
Hi,

I'm getting close to a releasable version, as far as my own testing go but to prevent what happened with previous versions (weird bugs occuring on some platforms but not all...) I decided to organize a few weeks of advanced testing on the last snapshot I have.

Every interested person can get the snapshot package (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/edyuk/edyuk-0.6.0.tar.bz2?download), start testing and feed me back as soon as possible. Until I consider the test as over I will focus on bugfixes, from most critical to look'n'feel ones and I won't start working on anything knew so I would like to know :

If Edyuk failed to build on your system. Then please give me a full compile log.
If Edyuk crashed on your system. Then I'd welcome full specs (OS, compiler(+version), Qt edition(+version), anything els you might find relevant), the most accurate description of the bug you can give and a call stack if possible.
If Edyuk worked flawlessy. It will give me more motivation and help restricting the "scope" of the modifications.Note that if you encounter a bug and manage to fix it you won't need to give much specs. A patch would be enough. :)

Thanks in advance and may you have fun!

fullmetalcoder

danadam
9th September 2006, 16:55
Debian Testing, Qt 4.1.4

cd src/exec && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/edyuk-0.6.0/src/exec'
make -f Makefile.Debug all
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/edyuk-0.6.0/src/exec'
g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_EDYUK_ -D_EDYUK_DEBUG_ -D_DEV_DEBUG_ -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../lib -I../lib/gui -I../tmp/moc -I../tmp/ui -o ../tmp/obj/exec/unix/debug/main.o main.cpp
g++ -o ../../edyuk_debug.bin ../tmp/obj/exec/unix/debug/main.o -L/usr/lib -L"../.." -ledyuk_debug -lQtXml_debug -lQtGui_debug -lQtCore_debug -lpthread
../../libedyuk_debug.so: undefined reference to `QPlainTextEdit::lineWrap() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [../../edyuk_debug.bin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/edyuk-0.6.0/src/exec'
make[1]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/edyuk-0.6.0/src/exec'
make: *** [sub-src-exec-make_default] Error 2

fullmetalcoder
9th September 2006, 17:25
Sorry... I uploaded the wrong file on Sf.net. I'm correcting that immediatly.:o

Also note that this version will not compile with Qt 4.2 due to major change in internal layout architecture on which QPlainTextEdit was heavily dependent... I'll try to correct that as well. :crying:

ksqt
9th September 2006, 19:37
Windows XP, mingw, qt 4.1.2 -

g++ -c -O2 -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -D_EDY
UK_ -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -
DQDESIGNER_EXPORT_WIDGETS -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include/QtUiTools"
-I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include/QtDesigner" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2
/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include/QtXml" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include" -I"." -I".
.\..\sdk" -I"..\lib" -I"..\lib\gui" -I"..\lib\mdi" -I"..\lib\util" -I"..\lib\plu
gin" -I"..\lib\settings" -I"..\lib\workspace" -I"..\lib\compiler" -I"..\lib\qcod
eedit" -I"..\lib\qcodeedit\src" -I"..\lib\qcodeedit\src\language" -I"..\lib\qcod
eedit\src\editor" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/include/ActiveQt" -I"..\tmp\moc" -I"..\tmp\ui"
-I"C:/Qt/4.1.2/mkspecs/win32-g++" -o ..\tmp\obj\default\win32\release\devworkspa
cemodel.o devworkspacemodel.cpp
In file included from devworkspacemodel.cpp:39:
../lib/gui/devpropertiesdialog.h:25:33: ui_propertiesdialog.h: No such file or d
irectory
In file included from devworkspacemodel.cpp:39:
../lib/gui/devpropertiesdialog.h:39: error: expected class-name before '{' token

devworkspacemodel.cpp: In member function `void DevWorkspaceModel::remFile(const
QString&)':
devworkspacemodel.cpp:1869: warning: unused variable 'ret'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\tmp\obj\default\win32\release\devworkspacemodel .o] Erro
r 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/edyuk060/src/default'
mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

fullmetalcoder
11th September 2006, 08:19
Looks like the .ui files aren't processed... Try : "make clean && qmake && make"

ksqt
11th September 2006, 20:58
Ok, I just deleted everything, and started over, but this time in my Qt directory (C:\Qt\4.1.2\edyuk-0.6.0)
Built fine there......

What is the current functionalities of this program? can build project?

fullmetalcoder
12th September 2006, 10:01
Ok, I just deleted everything, and started over, but this time in my Qt directory (C:\Qt\4.1.2\edyuk-0.6.0)
Built fine there......

What is the current functionalities of this program? can build project?
can basically do "everything" as long as it does not crash... ;)

compilation (needs GCC or mingw installed)
project management (add/removerename file, changes variables values, add/remove/rename scopes...)
edit source files
edit qrc files (special widget)
edit ui files (full designer integration!)
dynamic shortcut handling
possibility to add "tools"
lots of customization possibilities through plugins (you can basically add every functionnaloty you want if you know Qt4 well enough and understand how a plugin works...)have fun!

ksqt
12th September 2006, 14:39
Nothing under "Execute" menu works...:confused:

fullmetalcoder
14th September 2006, 13:55
Nothing under "Execute" menu works...:confused:
Have you openned a project ???

Note : If you don't see anything on first launch don't be afraid... Click on "View" menu then "Perspectives" and select the one you want...:)

ksqt
14th September 2006, 15:31
Assembler messages:
FATAL: can't create BJECTS_DIRwin32\release\main.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-make[1]: *** [BJECTS_DIRwin32\release\main.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/edyuk-0.6.0/aa'
mingw32-make: *** [release-all] Error 2

Process mingw32-make finished, returning exit code 2
It exited normally after 14 seconds of execution

There is a directory created called $OBJECTS_DIR$ ..... :o

fullmetalcoder
15th September 2006, 09:24
Assembler messages:
FATAL: can't create BJECTS_DIRwin32\release\main.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-make[1]: *** [BJECTS_DIRwin32\release\main.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/edyuk-0.6.0/aa'
mingw32-make: *** [release-all] Error 2

Process mingw32-make finished, returning exit code 2
It exited normally after 14 seconds of execution

There is a directory created called $OBJECTS_DIR$ ..... :o
What exactly are you doing? Have you openned a project then clicked on "compile" (or "compile and run" or "rebuild all", at your option) and then got this message in the compile log?

Then this comes from the project doesn't it? I'm sorry I haven't updated the project templates (src/default/templates) and creating a new project within Edyuk doesn't work yet (unless your modify in "project options/Advanced configuration" the three problematic variables : OBJECTS_DIR, RCC_DIR and UI_DIR).

ksqt
15th September 2006, 15:21
"and creating a new project within Edyuk doesn't work yet (unless your modify in "project options/Advanced configuration" the three problematic variables : OBJECTS_DIR, RCC_DIR and UI_DIR)."

I understand now. :) This was a project I tried to let Edyuk make for me.
If I open a previous project it seems to work fine.

fullmetalcoder
15th September 2006, 15:59
"and creating a new project within Edyuk doesn't work yet (unless your modify in "project options/Advanced configuration" the three problematic variables : OBJECTS_DIR, RCC_DIR and UI_DIR)."

I understand now. :) This was a project I tried to let Edyuk make for me.
If I open a previous project it seems to work fine.
Good! :)

BTW you'd need to modify MOC_DIR as well if you really want to create a project under Edyuk...

fullmetalcoder
1st October 2006, 18:01
Hi all,

Edyuk 0.6.0-b (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=168260) is out!
It fixes Qt 4.2 compatibility and a few other bugs.

Please feed me back. I'm already working on the next version which will bring debugging facilities and some improvements in project management but I'd like to fix any bug you may foind before going further...

fullmetalcoder
2nd November 2006, 10:10
Edyuk 0.6.1 is now available on the SVN trunk. It features an improved project management and debugging facilities, as planned. It still need to be polished a bit before a release but is already usable.

Version 0.7.0 is being worked on and will bring class browsing and code completion, without the need of any external tool which would slow them down... :)

Note that any volunteer is now welcome to join me and help in developpment, website maintaining , graphics creation, ... If you're interested just create a Sf.net account (if you don't have one) and mail me.