PDA

View Full Version : how to display text string with icon to specify its functionality

rashmi
10th November 2010, 10:16
dear all,

i wanted to know how to display text string below icon. i have included the snap shot of the program. i have changed original program according to my necessity now i am stuck with displaying name of icons. could any one help me plz plz plz.

Qt- version =4.7
OS= ubuntu (vmware player)
target of Qt is directfb-1.4

thank you

regards
rashmi

wysota
10th November 2010, 10:42
You need to draw the text in the item or add a child text item to the main item and position it under the icon.

rashmi
10th November 2010, 11:51
could you please tell me what do you mean by main item here.

in the above example they make use of for loop to navigate among the icons. what i need to do is that either i have to display icon name or i have to give message when cursor is placed on the icon. how do i do it. and is there any function to emboss icon when cursor is placed on it.

thanks

regards
rashmi

wysota
10th November 2010, 13:27
could you please tell me what do you mean by main item here.
RoundRectItem representing each item in the pad.

how do i do it. and is there any function to emboss icon when cursor is placed on it.
Do you really expect to be able to do anything useful without proper knowledge how things work? Read about graphics view architecture and classes available and then ask specific questions. It's not something you can implement in one minute with a single function call.