PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: want to create a "data table" where each row consists of several differe

l3dx
12th November 2010, 11:32
Hi all

First: I'm not very experienced with Qt, and the version I'm (stuck) using is Qt3.

I want to create a form containing a grid. The columns should have headings, and each "normal" row will be equal (widget wise). Then the user is supposed to press a button to add a new row, and then fill out and chose the values in the row. Also worth mentioning is that the "state" of the table should only be persisted when pressing an apply-button, saving all rows.

Each row should contain a checkbox (enabled/disabled), a label, a combobox, and two text fields. Also there should be a button for deleting the row.

I'm not sure how to attack this problem. I've started out creating the row as a hbox containing the wanted widgets, and adding each row to a vbox. Now I'm unsure if this is wise to do as I'm about to add the headings.

I hope this makes at least a little sense. I would really appreciate some advice regarding choice of widgets and structure/hierarchy of the composition.